ATTENDEE LIABILITY WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
COMPLIANCE WITH COVID-PROCEDURES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
Attendee assumes all risks and accepts sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that attendee may experience or incur in connection with attending the CONVEY ’21 Convention (“event”). Attendee hereby releases, covenants not to sue, discharges, and holds harmless National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA), Grain Elevator and Processing Society (GEAPS), and Grain Journal (GJ), its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any such claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
Specifically relating to the global COVID-19 pandemic, attendee acknowledges the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes the risk of exposure or infection by attending this event, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, disability, and/or death to attendee. Attendee understands that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at this event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of others who may attend the event or their families, colleagues, or others with whom they may have contact. Accordingly, attendee understands and agrees that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of NGFA, GEAPS, and GJ, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in this event.
In addition to all rules and regulations from any applicable federal, state, or local health departments or other authorities relating to attendance at this event, attendee agrees to comply with all COVID-related procedures that may be implemented by NGFA, GEAPS, and GJ and the event venue, including, but not limited to, mask-wearing and social distancing requirements and restrictions on certain activities that carry higher COVID-related risk, in order to protect as much as possible the health and safety of all EVENT attendees. The specific COVID-related procedures and code of conduct to which attendee agrees to abide, include as follows:
- If attendee exhibits symptoms associated with the COVID-19 virus (i.e., fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), attendee will contact appropriate medical and healthcare experts and authorities as soon as possible for additional screening and attendee will cooperate with public health contact tracing efforts. Attendee will also notify NGFA, GEAPS and/or GJ event organizers.
- If attendee has been in close contact (i.e., closer than six feet without a mask for more than 15 minutes) with a person who is, or becomes, COVID-19 positive, attendee will contact appropriate medical and healthcare experts and authorities as soon as possible and will follow instructions on isolation, quarantine periods and additional testing/screening. Attendee will also notify NGFA, GEAPS, and/or GJ.
- Regarding personal protective equipment (PPE), attendee will abide by the regulations posted by NGFA, GEAPS, GJ, and the event venue.
- Attendee will adhere strictly to the COVID-19 mask policies of NGFA, GEAPS, GJ, and the event venue.
- Attendee will review and abide by the safety procedures of event venue.
- Attendee agrees to follow health assessment procedures, as specified by NGFA, GEAPS, GJ, and the event venue, and/or any applicable federal, state, or local health departments or other authorities, to include the required Daily Health Assessment and testing, temperature and symptom screening if required by steps 1 and/or 2 above. Attendee understands and agrees that he or she may be asked to show clearance screening before entering meeting rooms or any other public location on hotel property. Attendee also understands that he or she may be notified of requirements to test or quarantine via the email provided on the registration form and attendee agrees to check that email each day while attending this event.
- If attendee is commuting to this event, attendee recognizes that off-site interactions at home and elsewhere, may increase the number of contacts during this event. With this understanding, attendee agrees to give heightened attention to staying informed of applicable guidance about COVID prevention measures, and attendee will do everything possible to reduce risk of exposure. This might include wearing a mask, frequent hand washing, daily temperature and symptom monitoring, physical distancing and avoiding large gatherings.
- Attendee understands that failure to comply with any of these terms may result in immediate removal from the event spaces without warning. Attendee understands that these measures are for both his or her own safety and the safety of all event attendees and the wider community and general public. Attendee understands it is his or her responsibility to follow these guidelines with all due respect and seriousness.